HR-05 (FLUHEAL)May 25, 2019
HR-07 (ENTRICOL)May 29, 2019
Used For Relieving Cough.
HR-6 is the best medicine for relieving cough
- Good for all types of chest complaints.
- Helpful in dry and expectorating cough.
- Effective in throat inflammation.
- It is indicated in the hoarseness of voice.
- Also used for whooping cough with splinter like pain in the throat.
Presentation: Bottle of 20ml.
Dosage Directions for use
Dosage: 15-20 Drops, with fresh water every hour under acute conditions. Less frequently when improvement starts i.e. 3 times a day.
Note: Consult your Homeopathic Doctor before taking this medication.
Side effects: Not side effects are known.
Contraindications: Consult your Homeopathic Doctor during pregnancy and lactation.
Interactions: No interaction with other products.
Information For Doctors
A cough, also known as tussis, is a voluntary or involuntary act that clears the throat and breathing passage of foreign particles, microbes, irritants, fluids, and mucus; it is a rapid expulsion of air from the lungs.
There are three phases to a cough:
- Inhalation (breathing in).
- Increased pressure in the throat and lungs with the vocal cords closed.
- An explosive release of air when the vocal cords open, giving a cough its characteristic sound.
In most cases, the infection is in the upper respiratory tract and affects the throat, this is known as a URTI or URI (upper respiratory tract infection).Like;
- common cold
If it is an LRTI (lower respiratory tract infection), the lungs are infected, and/or the airways lower down from the windpipe. Like;
Swelling in the voice box, also known as the larynx, causes laryngitis. This organ is in the upper neck just beyond the back of the throat. An infection, such as a cold, flu, or bronchitis may spur the swelling.
- Sore throat
- A low-grade fever
- Trouble speaking
- A dry cough
- A constant urge to clear the throat
- Swollen glands
Bronchitis is an infection of the main airways of the lungs (bronchi), causing them to become irritated and inflamed. Bronchitis can be described as being either:
- acute bronchitis – temporary inflammation of the airways, causing a cough and mucus production, lasting up to 3 weeks; acute bronchitis can affect people of all ages but mostly affects children under the age of 5; more common in winter and often develops following a common cold, sore throat or flu.
- chronic bronchitis – a daily productive cough that lasts for 3 months of the year and at least 2 years in a row. Chronic bronchitis is one of several lung conditions, including emphysema, that are collectively known as a chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD); mostly affects adults over 40.
Masood’s HR 6 is a curative remedy in all types of cough (Dry, Phlegmatic, and Whooping). It is also a best medication for bronchitis, hoarseness, and sore throat.
HR 6 has decongestant, antitussive and anti-inflammatory properties due to the presence of Ephedra vulg which decreases the frequency of cough dose-dependently. The alkaloids ephedrine and pseudoephedrine are the active constituents of Ephedra. It has direct and indirect actions on the adrenergic receptor system, which is part of the sympathetic nervous system. Ephedrine acts as a bronchial smooth muscle relaxant by stimulating B2-adrenergic receptors. Positive inotropic effects of ephedrine are due to the stimulation of B1-adrenergic receptors in the heart. The unique property of HR 6 is due to Glycyrrhiza glabra which contains glycyrrhizin found to be effective in the treatment of sore throat, cough and bronchial catarrh. It has antitussive and expectorant properties which are helpful in loosening tracheal mucous secretions. The demulcent action is attributed to glycyrrhizin that helps to relieve congestion in the upper respiratory tract, as it accelerates tracheal mucus secretion.
Each 1ml contains;
- Drosera Rot 1D 6% v/v
- Ephedra Vulg 3D 9% v/v
- Glycyrrhiza Glabra 1D 12% v/v
- Ipecac 3D 6%v/v
- Rumex Crisp 1D 6% v/v
- Senega 1D 12% v/v
- Spongia Tosta 3D 6% v/v
- Thymus Vulg 1D 12% v/v
- Verbascum Thapsus 1D 12% v/v
With excipients q.s.
Formula with properties:
Drosera Rot 1D: Spasmodic, dry irritative cough, like whooping-cough, the paroxysms following each other very rapidly can scarcely breathe; chokes. Cough very deep. Batter by drinking water.
Ephedra Vulg 3D: Cough in which eyes feel pushed out with tumultuous action of heart.
Glycyrrhiza Glabra 1D: Effective medicine of Cough.
Ipecac 3D: Continued sneezing; coryza; wheezing cough. Cough incessant and violent, Chest seems full of phlegm, with nausea; Whooping-cough, chubby cough effective in all these symptoms.
Rumex Crisp 1D: Cough caused by an incessant tickling in the throat-pit, copious mucus discharge from nose and trachea. Dry, teasing cough, preventing sleep. Aggravated by pressure, talking, and especially by inspiring cool air and at night.
Senega 1D: Hacking cough. Thorax feels too narrow. Cough often ends in a sneeze. Rattling in chest. Chest oppressed on ascending. Bronchial catarrh, with sore chest walls; much mucus; sensation of oppression.
Spongia Tosta 3D: Cough, dry, barking, croupy; larynx sensitive to touch. Croup; worse, during inspiration and before midnight. Cough abates after eating or drinking, especially warm drinks.
Thymus Vulg 1D: Whooping cough, severe spasm but little sputum. Ringing in ears and respiratory infection in children are particular symptoms of this medicine.
Verbascum Thapsus 1D: Hoarse; voice deep, harsh; sounds like a trumpet; “basso profundo”. Cough; worse at night. Cough during sleep.